Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Grammar Work - Updated

Thursday, 2/20 you will work in partners to look at word choice, sentence fluency, and grammar/usage/mechanics in your own writing.  Pick a partner whose judgement you trust, and to whom you don't mind showing a bad grade. You will be working together to look at each other's "I Have a Dream" speech papers.
When I grade revised papers, I will NOT take anything off for late work. However, I WILL grade the "Style..." and "Conventions" parts of the rubric.

If you turned your paper in on time, I have graded it and have written comments.
If you turned it in late, I may not have gotten to it yet.

Grammar Lessons

By now you should have emailed me your three "grammar goals" for what you want to improve in your writing.  If you're ambitious (of just a grammar nerd), you can check these lessons out on your own.  Otherwise, as I read you emails for your grammar goal plans, I will be compiling the lessons you need to practice. I will let you know which lessons to work on and come up with an assessment to see how you did in the first week of March.

http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html

Have... fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment