Monday, December 16, 2013

Studying for THE ODYSSEY test

Trying to make this as easy as possible for you folks.
The test will be in three sections, so I made three Quizlet lists you can study.  Don't believe me? Check the link below:

http://quizlet.com/class/278000/

They're the sets called "Odyssey Test December 2013 - blahblahblah"

You PROBABLY won't need to know ALL the terms and names, but since I'm rewriting my test, I will only pull terminology from those lists.  If you aren't familiar with Quizlet, play around with it (I like Scatter the best, Space Race drives me crazy).  You can even do practice tests to make sure you know who's who.

CHARACTERS - Make sure you know who's who.
LITERARY TERMS - There will be some open ended/short answer questions about a lot of these.  If I don't cover them on this test, you can be sure to see them on the Semester Final in January!
CONTEXTUAL VOCABULARY - You will be given sentences containing blanks to fill-in with the vocabulary terms.  I will probably be a jerk and change the form of the word, so changed in verb tense and form or even family words (like "beguiled" instead of guile) are fair game.

Have fun studying, and good luck!

1 comment:

  1. You might not have seen the comment in yesterday's section, so here it is again!
    Check the English 9 Common folder in your "Shared With Me" stuff on Drive to find a file I called "Odyssey dice/card/board game/thingy." Put your ideas for cards for the project in the correct tab. I borrowed the encounter dice checks from another game, just pick the one you think best fits your encounter idea (or create one of your own!). For Heroic Feats and Fortunes, just write in your idea.

    ReplyDelete