Monday, May 27, 2013

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Well, before we wind down I wanted to thank everybody for a great year. I've had some of the most fun as well as some of my biggest challenges with you guys, all while teaching content that I really love.  Thank you all for being the pilot class in this program! If nothing else, I hope you are all able to go on and do great things one year sooner.

Don't take anything for granted when you read. Literature is art, so it is exactly as personal and living as you make it.  Your opinions about literary analysis are truer than facts - IF you can prove them.  The art of writing is also what separates great literature from forgettable fiction. If you take nothing else away from this class, remember this: in great writing, there are no accidents.

And in formal writing you don't use first- or second-person pronouns.

Nor should you start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction.

Peace!

-JD

1 comment: